Thursday, May 31, 2007

Reginald Bea Jenkins

Meet Reggie:

He is a baby opossum.
I found him in my backyard the other day.
He must've fell off his momma.

Those chirping noises he's making is him calling out to him mom.
I met up with Mary, a 70 year old volunteer from the Opossum Society of the United States, in the Carrows parking lot in Higland Park and handed him off. She will take care of him until he is strong enough to be on his own.
I only had him for a day and a night.
He's so cute and before I found him I didn't think there was another animal that I thought was more disgusting than an opossum.
I miss Reggie and I kind of wish I still had him, just for a little while.
Here I put hot water and uncooked rice (to help retain the heat) in a water bottle for him. i might sound like a crazy person.

I went bonkers over this little guy. Did you know that opossums are North America's only marsupial?
Fascinating isn't it? I'm just sayin'.

No comments: