Tuesday, April 25, 2006

your head is in my hands

Today was great.
really great.
(First off I'd like to apologize for the shitty phonetographs, especially in a dark bar. I'll get a real camera soon.)

Jeff , formally known as Papi, here on known as 'Jeff', and I went for a hike
("Etouffee" didn't really catch on like I had hoped it would)

Jeff climed a rock and was crowned king.

This is Jeff pooped and all tuckered out.

Did a mountain of laundry, made pasta with a vegan 'meat' sauce (but i threw in a piece of bacon later. tee hee)
drank my first 'black coke', and had heartfelt conversations.

Then off to the CaCa for a face off with Coady Willis

Coady brought in some records. x-ray specs! what fun. i got super excited to play minor threat only because i haven't heard it in a million years. i don't think i ever noticed how metal 'out of step' is. hmmmm.
I got to listen to that PiL album again. yay. but my doo wop mix got nixed, however my 'please leave' mix featuring Rockapella was a great hit. so bad.

Parrot Head Andy Coronado

It's really too bad you can't see his tropical themed shirt, but with dragons. It's a gem. In fact it looks as if he isn't wearing a shirt at all. Mount Gay.


Oh Dirt Reynolds, you scoundrel!

I didn't get a picture of the 800 pound man who kept trying to talk to me and anyone who'd listen about his giant tribal tattoo on his upper arm.
Me: that'll be $6.50
Giant: (lifting up sleeve) See this? 16 HOURS!
Me: um, that's $6.50
Giant turd: 16 HOURS. HAND TAPPED... IN INDONESIA!
Me: wow, ok, that's $6.50
Giant : THE GUY WAS NO BIGGER THAN YOU. 16 HOURS!
Me: mmmmm.

It is 3.30am and i have to get up in 2 hours to finish up some cuts before i meet Angel, my sewer at 10. In an alley.
If something went down, I really wouldn't know how to get a hold of him, besides his cellphone. Various alley ways and Jack'n'theBox parking lots is where we do our business. Really Angel, we've got to stop meeting like this.

Then...Lunch with the folks. yikes. I guarantee a total of no more than 10 words will be exchanged during our meal.
Splendid!

xo sweetdreams,
s

No comments: